The Ukrainian Orthodox Church of All Saints

The Ukrainian Orthodox Church of All Saints is the fourth largest church in Ukraine. Located in the city of Chernihiv, the church is the center of the Ukrainian Orthodox community. One of the main functions of the church is to serve as a place of worship for both Christians and non-Christians. It also serves as a center of education for people who want to learn more about Christianity.

Consecration ceremony

The Consecration Ceremony of Ukrainian Orthodox Church of All Saints in Chernihiv, Ukraine, was held February 16th, 1992. The ceremony was presided over by the Primate of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church, Metropolitan of Kyiv and All Ukraine, His Holiness Patriarch Kirill. It was broadcast on station “Union” and also by the Information Agency of the Russian Orthodox Church.

Before the consecration, a short prayer service was held to honor the Martyrs. In addition, the relics of the Saints and the Holy Relics of the Apostle Nicholas were blessed.

During the Divine Service, His Holiness Patriarch Kirill presented an ancient icon of the Savior to the newly consecrated church. He also presented the Order of the Right-Believing Prince Daniel of Moscow.

Archbishop Onisie Morar, the Chief Hierarch of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of America, was present at the ceremony. He built a new altar table from old pews. This table is a symbol of continuity of the parish.

St. Andrew’s honorees

Sts Peter and Paul Parish in Bayonne, NJ, recently celebrated two joyous occasions. On Saturday evening, Bishop Michael, Bishop of New York and New Jersey, presided over Great Vespers and attended the Hierarchical Divine Liturgy on Sunday morning. After the services, parishioners and guests enjoyed a banquet.

The parish also hosted a special exhibit at the Bayonne Public Library featuring Eastern European artifacts. It aims to increase awareness of Christian Orthodoxy among readers.

In addition to the celebration of these two events, the parish also held a luncheon after the Divine Liturgy. This is a tradition that allows parishioners to reconnect and share their spirituality.

The first event, held on September 7, 1908, was the blessing of the church additions. At that time, the parish had 50 families. Archdeacon Michael Suvak, from the Holy Protection Cathedral in New York, was a part of the ceremony.

Design by Chernihiv architect Viktor Matviyovych Ustinov

Viktor Matviyovych Ustinov designed Chernihiv’s city hall. It was located at 20 Sovetskaya Street in 1976. The building is currently occupied by an apartment complex. In the 1950s, it was on Essentukskaya Street. There were several other buildings in the same location. These include:

Deputy of the Ivdel City Council and member of the Ivdenii City Council of workers’ deputies. He was elected in March 1959.

First secretary of the Khabarovsk Regional Committee in 1954. Member of the Russian delegation to the Communist Parties’ congresses in Italy in 1968. He was a candidate for member of the CPSU Presidium in 1957-61.

First deputy of the Bureau of the Central Committee of the CPSU in the RSFSR from 1962 to 1966. Secretary of the Ivdel City Committee of the CPSU in charge of ideological work 1954-76. Deputy of the Ivdel City Committee of workers’ deputies in 1959.

Sviatoslav Kotyk, a sub-deacon

Sviatoslav Kotyk is a 17-year-old sub-deacon in the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of All Saints. He is a young man of Ukrainian descent, but he also speaks in English. In addition to his duties as an altar server, he reads the Sunday epistle in Ukrainian and English.

As a teenager, he participated in various church activities, such as youth camps. He has served as a reader, as a cantoring member, and as vice president of the CYMK. His involvement with the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Winnipeg has expanded into many other areas, including working at Veselka Ukrainian Orthodox Summer Camp.

His dedication to the Church has earned him a special award, which commemorates his years of service to the parish. This award features an image of St. Andrew, an American and Ukrainian flag, and a centennial “100” insignia.

Relics from the Pecherska Lavra in Kiev

The Pecherska Lavra in Kiev, Ukraine, is a major monastery of the Orthodox Christian faith. This unique religious site is one of the oldest and most important pilgrimage centres in the world. It is located on a plateau overlooking the right bank of the Dnieper River.

According to the Ukrainian Culture Ministry, a special commission will check whether relics and other holy items given to the monastery since 1998 are authentic. These relics are of a historical and ecclesiastical value.

During the time of Christ, Jews had a tradition of placing the bones of their deceased in kostnicas. After the Christian church was formed, the practice continued. However, the monastery in Pechersk was not aware of where to find the relics.

Scroll to Top